[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Daily Routine w/dogs

  • From: Royal T Shepherds <gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 03:44:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

Well the big day is getting really close now.  Tuesday morning my daughter and
I start the kidney transplant pre-op process for Wednesday's surgery.  I'm
giving my 21 yr old daughter a kidney.  Sure seems like it should be the other
way around in a fair world, right?   You'd also think there would be lots of
things to take care of to prepare for a week at UW Madison's hospital.  The
biggest preparation is what to do with the animals.  I only have 4 gsds and 1
cat which isn't many to alot of you on the list, but still, here I sit at
almost midnight, writing out explicit instructions for my best friend who is
going to live here and take care of my fur babies.  This afternoon, she stopped
over to observer the "feeding" routine.  It's absolutely amazing all the little
things you do everyday for the dogs.  Mind you, I have a house full of
geriatrics.  One 14yr old, two 12 yr olds, and a 10 yr old GSD.  One 18 yr old
cat and a 1 yr old Corgi.
 All the old animals have some problem or another.  DM and EPI for example.
Between the Viocase, Glucosamine, helping the 14 yr old up and down stairs,
making sure the two males are always separated (OH GOD, that is important LOL),
that the fans are turned on if it gets hot in the kennels, who eats in which
spot, and what order the food bowls are handed out (just to name a few), I
think my best friend thinks we are nuts.  I'm starting to think I'm crazy!
:o)    Tell me I'm not the only one who has to write a page or two of
instructions to take care of a few dogs.  I didn't write down instructions when
I hired babysitters for my daughter when she was young.  What's wrong with this
picture??  LOL!!!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers....  Hopefully today was the last
day my daughter will have to do dialysis in our city.

I'll keep you posted,

Gina OesterleROYAL T SHEPHERDS
http://www.royaltshepherds.com
Home of: Ch Covy Tucker Hill v Royal T's Edsel,CD,NA,CGC,HIC,OFA h/e/t/c
Covy Tucker Hill's Marc Royal T,CD,CGC
Royal T's Wildwood Maggie May,TT
Stonekroft's Renaissance Royal T