[ SHOWGSD-L ] DQ faults

  • From: "Mike Gray" <mlgray@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 09:23:23 -0800

Here are some of them in not particular order, the rest basically said
the same things::

not spay/neuter.  Just structurally.  Not gait, not anything but
structure (and pigment :-)
------------------------------------

I believe the rule was put in so a white coated dog could not be named
obedience victor (or whatever the title is).  They can be neutered which
is a fault.  Petty if you ask me.

A GSD can not be Obedience Victor/Victrix at the National if it has any
disqualifying BREED faults...per the standard.  I was told this rule was
put into
effect when a white (Oh my God - Heaven Help Us <g>) GSD had the highest
score
many  years ago and became Obedience Grand Victor.

Also, for any of the progeny who's performance titles give points to the
dam
or sire for the --- my mind has gone blank --- the award for the sire
and dam
who have produced progeny with the most working titles....The progeny
either
have to have a placement ribbon from an AKC show or have a letter from
an AKC
judge saying they are free of disqualifying faults per the standard. I
don't
really  agree with this, as it is a lot of work for the owners who just
want to
show in performance. One of my bitches, has a ton of progeny with
working
titles, but I just find it too much to ask their owners to go through
the
procedures to get them certified so I can submit all the paperwork.
JMHO.

Mike Gray