[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DOGS AND KIDS, and magazines

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:37:03 -0700 (PDT)

I will not read about the continious attacks.  It has nothing to do with who is
right or wrong.  I am just not intereted.  I am not on this list for personal
attacks.  I don't do that except for in my own home.

  The Review is what it is.  I can love it or live without it.  That is my
decision to make.

  I have the right to read it or put it in the trash if I am not happy.  I can
also not renew my membership if I am that angry about the GSDCA.  I support the
club.  I support the Review.  I am very sorry that Gail has had the problems
she has had.  I had no idea that she had not handled or shown or been involved
with the dogs during her tenure as editor.  I think it is sad to have to give
up the dogs to run the magazine.  But maybe it is a necessary evil.  This is
not my decision to make.

  But I will not read about everyone's feelings either.

  But how our dogs relate to kids matters a great deal to me, so that I will
read.
  sheila
lollark@xxxxxxx wrote:
  Fran this is a great story and testimony to the nature of the gsd. :-) Our
Sheba gave a similar warning to one of our kids who stepped on her. A quick
painless lesson. Notice the difference with human communication. When a human
feels threatened they keep attacking and attacking ad nauseum.
Karen Lollar
-------------- Original message from Fran Henry : --------------

> Several years ago, my son informed me that my first shepherd, Henry's
> Drummer Boy, had bitten him at a very young age for both of them. I was
> HORRIFIED!! Drummer was a CDX, TD, Search and Rescue dog, the most
> impeccable temperament I've ever known.
>
> Seems my son approached Drummer while he was eating, grabbed his tail, and
> bent it in the opposite direction. Drummer "bit" him. He did not break the
> skin. I saw no trauma.
>
> I asked my son why he didn't tell me, and he said, "Because I knew you'd
> beat my butt!" Got that right, kid.
>
> The dog's temperament was impeccable -- in my mind, it's that "judgment"
> that sets the GSD apart. They decide; they discriminate; they mediate the
> strength of their response to the conditions. In my case: impress on this
> dumb kid that he's out of line, but don't hurt him and don't alert Mom., who
> will kill him.
>
> I live in constant awe.
>
> Fran

> POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original
> kind

> MANNER
> ALL

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - URL temporarily deleted due to AOL issues

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training