[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DOG PROBLEM

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: TISHW@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 13:17:23 -0400 (EDT)

Had someone in our club with an Aussie have the same problem.   Suggested
she test for thyroid and he was low.  Since on meds, he has  changed
considerably

Be sure when the vet tests they do a complete baseline thyroid profile
which includes total T4, total T3, free T4, free T3, T3AA dnd  T4AA.    You can
also include cTSH and or TgAA.  The last  will show if there are any
heritable auto immune thyroid problems.
If they want to be sure on the testing, have them send to Dr.  Dodds
_www.hemopet.com_ (http://www.hemopet.com)

Thyroid is accountable for so many troubles, good place to start.

Molly

In a message dated 6/4/2013 8:22:27 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
TISHW@xxxxxxx writes:
Hi  All,

My niece just got an 11 month Australian Shepherd and is  having  problems.

He can be very aggressive towards other dogs  and fearful about  people.
She thinks he just lacked  socialization by the people from whom  she
acquired
him.  She's  been taking him out for lots of walks around  people and
trying
to  socialize him which is good.  I have advised her to  get in touch  with
the Australian Shepherd Club people and get him into a  training  class
(one
with experienced people).  I'm wondering if anyone   knows of the
Australian
Shepherd Club in the Dallas area.  She  lives  in Richardson, TX.  Also,
any
good obedience training  clubs in the  area.

He looks like a very pretty Australian from  his pictures.  My niece  just
recently lost their 14-15 year old  Golden Retriever and their daughter
(who
is a real dog person -  should get her a GSD!!) is absolutely thrilled to
have a  new dog in  the family.  You can ask Jamie Walker about Stephanie
at the
age  of about 4 when they boarded their Goldens at Jamie's one  Xmas.  At 3
she  just bounced out of the car and announced to me  "Auntie Tish I just
love dogs!"  and I was hoping that Rags and Monty  would love her equally.
Needless to  say, she literally had  them eating out of her hand in no
time.  So
I really  hope that  this new dog will work out and his behavior problems
can
be   solved.

Tish
POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.