[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DISASTER>>>>GSDCQC Specialty Shows

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "show gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:08:24 -0400

The Hawkeye Kennel Club shows have been cancelled, according to the Show
Chair who just notified the judges for the shows. AKC and Onofrio
(superintendent) should have the word as well.

The devastation to this Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area is unreal and very
devastating.

a slight correction to Terra's post... the hospitals are open. Only one has
closed and filtered
patients out to other hospitals due to flooding. Otherwise, all others are
open and functioning.

Highways and Interstates are closing all over the area. Whether a person in
the area is flooded or not, they are all being affected by these floods.

All good thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. It is not over yet.

Peggy (the above information came from another list)