[ SHOWGSD-L ] DIME A DAY...Reminder #2

  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 20:14:51 EST

Hi Everyone,
Remember the DIME A DAY CHANLENGE was put forth by Diane Strasser on this
list on or about June 17, 2008 which is where the $13.70 comes from...at  that
time it was 137 days before the Nationals and we had several urgent  cases of
GSD who needed our help with no end in sight...and she put forth  the challenge
to Da List: WHAT IF EACH of the us put aside a DIME A  DAY from now until the
Nationals = $13.70 and when EACH and EVERY one of  us...that includes posters
and lurkers and everyone in between...step up to  this awesome and VERY
ATTAINABLE  challenge based on what all of us  say about our love for our own
dogs
and for the breed itself....We  can raise approx $15,000...YES that number is
correct!...that is the TOTAL  you will come up with when EACH of us with our
one time saving of a DIME A DAY  for 137 days sent it to Dawn and together it
will truly result in a miracle and  a SAFE HAVEN for so many lost ones.

So Dawn will keep a tally, she says she has received $45 so far
today....that is 3.3 of us who have met the challenge...that leaves  1096.7 of
us who
still need to get our commitment of $13.70 to  LHSH for Dawn and her Board
(INCLUDING of course ALL the volunteers) to  continue the awesome work that
they do
for our wonderful breed.  We can't  all be in the trenches; we can't all drive;
we can't all foster; but I truly  believe that ALL/EACH of us can meet this
challenge...I/WE spend far more than a  DIME A DAY on our GSDs.  DO NOT
MISUNDERSTAND...I am not saying we  shouldn't; I intend to keep on giving my
dogs the
best that I can and I know and  expect all of you to do the same.  What I am
doing is urging all of us  to take this opportunity to help give those less
fortunate GSDs a place  where they will have a time of warmth, a full tummy,
easement of pain, and a  time of love and caring.  Dawn and the rest of the
LHSH
group of volunteers  can only do so much physically, we need a place for them
to call their own and  not have to turn away from those for whom we cannot
find even a foster  home.

Pat, you read my mine! Egads! I was just finishing this post and I  thought I
must mention those who are already at the Nationals and remind  them to send
their commitment via a post or a friend and I even thought the  same thought
about having Evan make an announcement to remind everyone  about the DIME A DAY
CHALLENGE and possibly by doing so pick up some  extra commitments from folks
who did not know about this wonderful  opportunity.....Okay now, I am
expecting to see Dawn come back with another  post before this night is
over...we
cannot end this day with only 3.3 out of  1100!  OKAY NOW YOU HAVE THE POWER TO
MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of  those GSDs! JUST DO IT!...Pauline
Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja German  Shepherds: Member: GSDCAmercia &  GSDCAtlanta
5 Travel Deals!