[ SHOWGSD-L ] Crop and Dock

  • From: "Catherine Murch" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 14:18:06 -0400

Hi All;

Well, I am going to put my two cents in and tell you all I agree with Paul,
this should be an individual decision of the owner. I do think
that it should be done by a Vet not by the breeder. This is only a step for the
AR's, just like Guardian instead of owner. If language is
changed to Guardian, it will take away your rights as an owner. One of the
ramification of this term who be interfering in your
rights as an owner on say your dogs medical treatment. Say you wish to do chemo
treatment, some AR gets wind of it, (and yes they
can) and they can proceed to go to court and get an injunction to stop the
chemo for they feel you are putting the animal through
unnecessary pain.

Folks, I am a child of Woodstock and I still will stand up and fight for my
rights as that is what this country was found on and right \
now the AR's are trying a little at a time to take away those rights. If we do
not stand up together and oppose them we will lose
the battle and are dogs, cats, and for that matter all other animals will be
gone because that is their agenda.

I also want to say something about pain and ears. On New Year's 2000 as my
husband was putting everyone in their crates
in the kennel room, he had all the GSD's in, and took the Basset down, as she
walked passed my Risky's crate, she bite the
tip of her ear off that was sticking out (she was drinking from her hanging
bucket). Risky near made a sound, it was not until
my husband turned around to go up stairs that he saw blood everywhere. Took 5
stitches to close the wound.

Cathy
Kelstar

Catherine Murch