[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Correctness of Gait

  • From: "Bob Van Winkle" <rmvw1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:33:39 GMT

Helen,
 If you want to advise the fancy on the correctness of gait and what =

happened to it.  ONE only has to watch your Specials class at the =

National.  I have to ask you what happened to smooth effortless =

suspended gait?  Your ring was a horse race.  You didn't not insist =

they go slow or even at at proper speed. The two males Specials that =

did so on their handlers own accord were your Veteran dog Alvin and =

the second select Elmo. For this you never gave them a chance in =

front.  I am proud of the fact the FANCY saw the correctness of Alvin =

and gave him such tremendous support instead of the runners you think =

are correct.  Mind you I don't blame any handler for giving you =

EXACTLY what you wanted. That is to see who could out run and outlast =

the others. In the end it is not the handlers that should control the =

ring. It is we the judges.

Robert Van Winkle

VANDERWERTH