[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Continuely Poor eaters

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: ynotgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:06:24 EST

In a message dated 3/2/2006 9:04:10 A.M. Central Standard Time,
ynotgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
They just don't care for their food.   Any
suggestions?   Someone suggested thyroid but had one  dog checked was normal.
This is my last hope for any answer.   Everyone here is out of ideas!
Thanks for any help,
Yvonne D.  Kowalczyk

Something you might try Yvonne that I picked up from my  homeopathic vet is
giving your dog whole leaf aloe juice.  It is a  natural appetite stimulant and
good for the intestinal tract too.
I usually give a dose of 10 cc approx 45 minutes before  feeding.  May take
2-3 times before meals to get them in gear but it  does work.  I had 1 guy here
that was a poor eater. I give him aloe  for 3-4 days then can quit for a
couple of weeks before  he gets  picky again.  When I started him though, I
went a
whole week to  really get his appetite going. The kind that is made in
Colorado is the  best.   Also, there is a vitamin called V.A.L. available from
KV
vet that you can add to the aloe (VAL is a liquid) that really gives them  an
added lift if you also need to get some weight back on.

Molly
Trillia  German  Shepherds