[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Constant Contact process with the Board o Gram

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Walker Tish <TISHW@xxxxxxx>, showgsd-l list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 20:04:59 -0700

I'm still having a GReat GrandBaby "blonde" moment.   Of course, Ginny
writes them as the recording secretary.  Then after the PResident
(Tish:) and she go over them, they are sent to the Exec Committee,
then back to the Pres (Tish LOL), then to that favorite webmaster, who
is off salary at that time LOL.  Pam does a LOT off salary!!! Thanks
to ALL of you from the Recording Sec., to the Prez, to the Exec
Committee, to Pam!  You're great!
STorm
who enjoys playing with Constant Contact, too:-)

On Aug 11, 2011, at 7:55 PM, TISHW@xxxxxxx wrote:

If you will look at your BOG you will see that the Recording Secretary
basically writes it and I, as President, go over it with her.
Originally I was sending them out.  Dania provides the latest list of
members.  Now, my favorite web master pushes the button which sends
them out.  She does such a wonderful job of making them attractive and
interesting.  I could never figure out how to do that since I am
technologically challenged.

And isn't technology great that we can do this all so fast.  :)

Tish

In a message dated 8/11/2011 10:10:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  writes:

Sending a constant contact newsletter is a process.

When it's done through others, I am assuming (oh, oh) that Tish writes
the BOG sends it to whomever pushes the Constant Contact send button,

the Addresses on C.C. are sent to ?somebody? from Dania (who has the
master list and probably sends updates as she receives them),

then the ?somebody? updates the Constant Contact list (which is on
line AT Constant Contact)

and then when Tish finishes the BOG, "somebody" pushes a button and
Constant Contact sends out the master address list to all of us who
are on it.

If there are tight spam controls on attachments, some email programs
reject (send to spam) the BOG, other reasons that it may not get to
you is bad addys, changed addys that weren't updated through "the
process.,"  ISPs blocking the BOG for their unknown (usually perceived
as Spam) reasons.

But in any case, this is sure better than waiting a few weeks to get
it through snail mail.... NO????  I think so

Storm