[ SHOWGSD-L ] Combining WDA and National Entries

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:14:24 +0000

Why does the PC support the WDA??  Ummmmm........ Maybe because we support them
as a part of the GSDCA???  If entries keep getting smaller and WDA entries keep
getting larger, as they seem to do each year, pretty soon they may be
supporting US!  Lest this become an US vs THEM thing....many of US are members
of both organizations.
It doesn't surprise me that we are number 51 in Nationals entries.  This breed
does so much that doesn't have to do strictly with conformation. [Not the way
the dog is build or which standard you support but the actual competition under
a specific judge who may or may not like your "style" of dog that year.]
Obedience, Agility, Herding, Tracking, SAR, Schutzhund, PD, Therapy, etc with
lots of trials/tests right in our backyard.  Too many folks look at the
National as just another dog show unless you are a top competitor in your
chosen field.  How many breed champions never show at the National?  What about
dogs titles in all the other events?  There can only be one Victor/Victrix in
the performance events.  There are no "select" performances as there should be!
 So if you are just in for the fun of training, and are not "competitive" for
that one top title, why spend the time and money to fly across the country when
you have trials right in your own back yard?????

--
Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com