[ SHOWGSD-L ] Colorado National and Brag!!!

  • From: MyJoyGS@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:56:56 EDT

Well let me first start off by saying thank you to all who made the  National
great.  Colorado is just beautiful and I hope to go back out there  to see
other parts.  We went horseback riding and drove in the National  Park which
was
just wonderful and awesome.  We even had a snowball fight!!  ; )

The site for the national in my opinion was good with one exception it  could
have used more bleachers and more vendors!

The Victory Dinner was one of the best I have had in years and the food
didn't run out to my knowledge, at least this year I had food!!!  The  blankets
were a wonderful bonus!!  I do have a suggestion however for  the Victory
Dinner, just my humble opinion.  It is at the end of the week,  everyone is
tired,
the Breed usually runs over and people are usually late,  tired and
anticipating that long drive home for many.  I think the band was  a wonderful
idea
however, I and I am sure many others, never heard them  because of the length
of
the Victory dinner and after 10:oo many were leaving to  prepare for their trip
home and to get some sleep.   My suggestion is  to present awards either at
the Annual meeting or during lunch during the week  or after the judges speak
at
the Victory Dinner.  The Victory Dinner should  be exactly what it is called,
the winners.  I think the judges should talk  first about their winners and
any awards for the dogs and announcement of the  judges for the following year.
 The rest I think should be done at another  time or after.  Just my opinion
but one I hope the committee  considers.

Now for the best part, Aramist's Enchanted of MyJoy   "Abbey" went 2nd in
Bred By and I am so proud of my wild child.  Thank you  Olivia for your great
handling of our obnoxious girl, Donna and Jeanie for  your great grooming and
thank you to the crowd who cheered her on.
Abbey is co-owned with Olivia Calabrese.

After a horrible drive home we finally made it and all is well and  safe.

Congratulations to all the winners!

Joyce
MyJoy Shepherds
_http://members.aol.com/myjoygs_ (http://members.aol.com/myjoygs/)