[ SHOWGSD-L ] Coated herding dogs

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Binderhaus@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 22:01:40 -0400 (EDT)

I just wanted to weigh in on this coat discussion.  All of my stock  coat
dogs carry for the coat factor, so when I did a home breeding I ended up
with a couple of coats in the litter.  I normally wouldn't have chosen to  keep
a coat for myself, but she was the BEST puppy in the litter, and the goal
is to keep the BEST puppy, so I did.

As I do herding I have to report she does NOT suffer from the heat, nor
does she pick up more stickers/brambles than my other dogs.  She does make
more muddy footprints when it's wet out if I don't dry her feet before coming
inside ---LOL.  She has a proper coat, not overly soft or silky, just
longer.  And as an interesting aside---she seems a lot less 'scary' as a  GSD
those who normally are wary of GSD's.  Not sure if it's the ear  fringes or
her friendly temperament, or her nice red sable color, but she seems  more
public user-friendly.

Cynthia Binder DVM
Binderhaus Shepherds

http://showgsd.org/mail.html