[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Clostridium

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:37:39 -0700 (PDT)

So how would a 3 week old puppy get it?
My guess is I fed raw chicken thighs to the 3 other dogs and didn't use Clorox
in cleaning my hands.
&^*(&*Y)*(&(_

Joan F. Fox
website:  http://www.campaignersgsds.com
17500 Haskins Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
Cell: 440-759-4119

>________________________________

food poisoning in dogs. Clostridium perfrigens can for instance be transmitted
to the dog if it eats poorly cooked meat or poultry.  In the United States
and the United Kingdom, Clostridium perfrigens is actually the third most
common
reason behind food-borne illness in humans.

>If a dog eats contaminated
food, the incubation time is normally 8-16 hours and the most commonly
occurring
symptoms are diarrhoea and stomach cramps. Vomiting and fever can occur, but it
is not common. In otherwise healthy dogs, the symptoms will usually vanish
within 24
hours without causing any long-lasting harm to the dog. It is however possible
for this dog disease to develop into clostridial necrotizing enteritis, which
can prove fatal for the dog. This risk is especially high if the dog has been
infected with â??Type Câ?? strains of the bacterium, since this strain produces
an
especially strong and damaging toxin."

>Who knew???  Poorly cooked meat or poultry????
>
>Looks like you need to know which strain it is Joan, hopefully not
"C".

>Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
>Celebrating generations
of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>Anyone  ever had this in a young puppy? How did it affect the dog as an  adult?
>>Joan
>>
>>Joan F. Fox
>>website:
   http://www.campaignersgsds.com
>>17500 Haskins Rd.
>>Chagrin Falls,
  Ohio 44023
>>Cell:
  440-759-4119
>>===========================================================================>>POST

  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original
kind

>>Each Author is responsible
  for the content of his/her post.  This group and its administrators are
  not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed in any post.

>>ALL
  PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER
  ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS
  A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

  admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/