[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Clarification-Major Brag - Dog Pound to Dog Show

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 06:57:39 -0700 (PDT)

This is such a great story!  It just makes my day!  Hats off to everyone who
helped in the rescue of this boy!
 Zoa
Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockshepherds.com

From: Bonnie Money <bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Major Brag - Dog Pound to Dog Show
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "'Kathy Hall'" <khall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, gsdwindborne@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 8:44 PM

He's back!  After a nearly three year absence from the show ring (and a
"death row-kill shelter" experience), our newly acquired boy,
Hunt's
Sincerely Yours" (Ch. Organized Crime of Edan x Hunt's Scarlet
O'Hara)
returned to the dog show world with a bang!  In just two weekends out,
"Sisco", as he is now known, earned 4 points, including his first
major.
His first outing at a dog show in nearly three years, just to get his feet
wet, earned him WD, BOW and BOB.  The following weekend he collected his
first major at Monroe, Michigan.  Sisco is proudly owned and loved by
Carolyn and Daniel Edwards (Windborne) and Bonnie Money (Bridgelady).  This
handsome red and black boy has a "rags to riches" story, or in this
case, a
"dog pound to dog show" story to tell.

About three months ago, the animal control officer in Oldham County,
Kentucky called me, as their GSD rescue contact, about a pair of GSD's, a
male and a female, that had been owner surrendered.  The female had bitten
the owner so her fate was pretty much sealed, but the male was another story
and needed to be evaluated to determine if he should be pulled.  When I
first met Sisco (formerly known as Sid), he was washed out to the point that
his red was strawberry blond and his black saddle was a faded mahogany.  He
was covered with matted dead fur and mud, and underweight.  He was a mess.
But, the masculine head, the soulful brown eyes that reached into my heart,
the floating gait...he took my breath away.  I just knew he was something
special.  He even let me show stack him and check his teeth.  What a gentle
soul.

I was determined to find him a home, and knew I had to start with the
breeders...The detective work began.  Fortunately the ACO provided me with
the name of the owner and the owner provided me with the dog's registered
name, breeder's information, and even offered to provide me with the
registration papers.  She had never sent them in!  I found out Sisco had
been shown as a puppy, but not since then.  What a story to tell...

Several people helped get Sisco to his new forever home with Carolyn and Dan
Edwards - to them a huge thank you.  Carolyn, Kathy Hall (another important
partner in this adventure) and I will be putting the full story together and
let you know when it's posted on Carolyn's website (currently under
construction).  Watch for it!

Bonnie L. Money
Bridgelady GSD's and CWC's
New Palestine, IN  46163

-----

is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original
are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.