[ SHOWGSD-L ] City of Hope meant it

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 15:32:27 EST

I woke up from surgery to find out I had lost nine hours of my life, my
esophagus was essentially a piece of shit, (evidently a medical term) and so
they
took it out, and replaced it with a piece of tissue from my stomach. I no
longer have a stomach.

Evidently today when they started to test me, it was discovered I needed to
relearn how to swallow, evidently I had forgotten how to do it, and need to
be retrained.  I suggested we go back to what all people do to learn,  but they
felt me might have trouble getting someone to agree to take on the  training.

I evidently drove everyone crazy because I started to demand to be up and
walking within two hours.  First, I know it is important to walk, and  second I
only sleep three to four hours a night.  I demanded to be up if I  wasn't
sleeping, which was all the time at night.  So, I drove the nurses  crazy.
Also,
the nurses are 30 percent Filipinos.  It didn't help  that they didn't
understand English, and I didn't care.  At three, if I was  awake I walked.  I
was up
walking the day of the surgery, and every day  since.

I am going home in a few hours.   I can't eat anything until I  learn to
swallow.  I am going to be sucking ice chips for the next weeks.  Or until I
stop
sucking stuff into my lungs, (which brings us back to the  training idea).

Tedi just went to get my clothes, and then I AM OUT OF HERE.

I am not, and remain a bad patient. On the other hand, they only had me for
six days.  That is all they get.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together