[ SHOWGSD-L ] Chicago shows

  • From: "edwinx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 20:10:31 -0800

WOW!...this sport is intimidating, and I do not mean intimidating in a negative
way, the competition was almost un-nerving! I have never owned an animal
meeting the same level of quality as the top dogs I saw  this weekend! A few I
spoke with privately stated that the overall quality in their opinion was down
a bit!...that, if true, means that I can not compete even in an "off" year! The
location and host hotel were great!, The people were friendly and a few thanked
me for some of the non-sense I say on this list, sometimes I forget there are a
few folks that read this nonsense, and I say that respectfully,nobody is curing
cancer or solving the war on this list! The list is ( or should be) about
learning a few things, having fun debating issues, and meeting new folks who
share our same addiction!...we get too serious here sometimes. I hate when the
list gets hostile and rude...life is too short, which brings me to my next
point, before the first show began, Judge Lew Bunch acknowledged a few of the
Shepherd family members who have recently died. Lew asked for a moment of
silence...a very nice gesture...both of the two judges I saw went about their
business in a very professional manor! I even got to kiss one of them, and it
wasn't Lew.....Ms Walker spoke to my wife on the phone right after Saturday's
show and told her that she could have my body dumped in the New Mexican Desert
for a reasonable price!...guess I don't kiss as good as I used too...lol...I
also got to meet the Famous Jr handler and future star Melissa Chavez....Gary
S. has two of the cutest grand kids in the whole State.......all in all a very
very nice weekend, friends , dogs and NO BASU....one note about the super
bowl.....I missed Janet Jackson, who wants to see an old beetle...next week
Santa Maria (no dog)...the good news about that show is that its where the
Michael Jackson trial is going on, maybe I can see Janet (again)...the bad news
is that this weekend I'll be with Basu..life is not perfect...lol...FB