[ SHOWGSD-L ] Chicago needs your help

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:00:14 EDT

We cannot let this get a foothold anyplace.   Please have your club send a
letter to help Chicago.   PC?
If we can get clubs across the nation to band together everytime this comes
up, maybe we'll have our first step toward proactive measures.   Stop them in
their tracks and then work to prevent the groups who are behind all these
anti-dog legislations!!!

Stormy

From Margo Milde:
FORWARDING PERMITTED AND ENCOURAGED
LET'S GET THE WORD OUT!!!

We are currently putting together a list of all training and kennel
clubs and rescue groups which are in formal opposition to the
proposed Chicago Mandatory Spay/Neuter ordinance, along with the key
contact person for each club.

These groups do not have to be Chicago based, but can be any club or
organization in the United States, or even in the world, for that
matter. Actually, having national and even international attention
placed on the Chicago situation would give our Chicago aldermen/women
even more cause for concern about the negative effects that Mandatory
Spay/Neuter legislation, if enacted into law, might have on
Chicago's "pet friendly" tourism image.

At this time, we do not need formal letters of opposition, just the
names of such groups/clubs opposed, and a contact person and their
email whom we could contact should we need such a letter in the
future.

Please consider asking your clubs if they'd be willing to take a
stand on this issue, and agree to oppose the Chicago Mandatory
Spay/Neuter ordinance, in its current version, and any possible re-
writings of this ordinance in which Mandatory Spay/Neuter would be
mentioned or implied in some form. Usually, it is the Board of
Directors of a club that have this authority, and the Legislative
Liaison (if appointed) or an Officer who would act as the contact.

To date, we have the following groups formally on record stating that
they oppose the Chicago Mandatory Spay/Neuter ordinance:

Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus
Norfolk and Norwich Terrier Club
Fanciers Cocker Spaniel Club of So. Wisconsin
Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America
Irish Terrier Club of Chicago
Kerry Blue Terrier Club of Chicago
Great Lakes All Terrier Association
Rand Park Dog Training Club
Agility Ability Club of Illinois
Chicago Miniature Schnauzer Club
Little Fort Kennel Club
Illinois Cocker Rescue
Scottish Terrier Club of Chicago
Fox Terrier Club of Chicago
Chicago Miniature Schnauzer Club Rescue
Moraine Tracking Club

We'd like to see your club's name added to this list! When you have
your club's permission, please contact us so your club can be added!
You can contact me with this information:

Margo Milde
mrm1206"at"yahoo. com<http://yahoo.
 com/> (substitute the "at" with @)

or contact Michele Smith
msmith"at"cmscrescu e.com<http://cmscrescue. com/> (substitute
the "at" with @)

Thanks!

Margo Milde
AKC Legislative Liaison - Rand Park Dog Training Club Inc
AKC Legislative Liaison - Agility Ability Club of Illinois
Health Education Chair - Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America

_

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget?
Read reviews on AOL Autos.

(http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Jetta-2009/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00030000000007
 )