[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Cat vs Dog

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 16:08:37 -0500

We have a 13 year old house cat named "Taz" - Don and I inherited him when his
daughter moved home and then moved out (she moved home with Taz and moved out
with No Taz!).

He is a great cat - very dog like in every sense of the word - friendly with
all company, great with the dogs - even the silly spotty-dogs who have never
seen a cat before. He has patience like I have never seen, though all puppies
learn that a good swat across the nose means business. He greets us at the door
and sits on our laps for hours.....

Then there is the bite.............. You can be petting him, watching tv and
he'll be purring up a storm and then suddenly, he turns around and grabs you by
the arm and clamps down... D*MN cat.... He is also notorious for chasing feet
and ankles, particularily if you are wearing a bathrobe...

I am not a cat person and there will be no more cats after this one (I hate
them on my furniture, etc), but as cats go, with the exception of the biting
portion, this one is a good cat...

And I have heard that Maine Coon cats are the best... but give me a dog any day!
Jess M.Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC,
TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC