[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Carmen #25

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx, kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:03:56 EDT

Probably those who are involved in mass emailings know more about this than I
do, but I've been checking out emailer programs (ConstantContact,
CoolEmail...which you can only find if you look for coolERemail LOL, and a many
others to
see which fits the organization in which I'm involved.

Each one reminds me that they are permission granted based emailers.
Meaning, I am assuming that, in some fashion, you have allowed your email
address to
be used for some reasons.   (On line sales, gifts, etc., etc.)   The emailing
companies keep track of those addresses and you can add them to your business
"address book".   Another way for the telemarketers to join in the electronic
age :-(

I know that when I was sending out the 100 or so newsletters a few years ago,
I had to get permission and sign up for (AOL) a "mass emailing".   It still is
 in effect, after all these years.

When you get email from HSUS or PETA, it is because somewhere along the way,
you asked for some information to be sent to you via email and it was a group
that in the fine print involved HSUS or PETA.   A few people on the law lists
deliberately signed up for an auxilliary group and now get tons of that type
of emailings.   Some of it, actually, is very good information (for OUR side
LOL), no matter that it comes from organizations to which I wouldn't want to
belong or support.

Stormy
In a message dated 8/26/07 12:29:51 PM, cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have been getting these emails periodically for some time.  My assumption
> is this email distribution list was created by hand using public data in the
> roster which would mean there were typos in it that were corrected over
> time. That would explain why many people have not been getting it on a
> regular
> basis.
>
>   Cindy

~~~~~~~~