[ SHOWGSD-L ] Can't we all just get along?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 11:42:09 -0400 (EDT)

Times  like this make me appreciate what it must feel like to be a
breeder.   Good job, Asgard Kennels......and, thanks  again!!

I was thinking this morning, something that is always dangerous for  me.

I have been involved in so many fights over co-ownerships for clients, and
so many of the German shepherd people contact me to sue other exhibitors or
 breeders. It often is on the List that there are problems with co-owners.
The  AKC has a department that deals with fights over co-owners.  I talked
to  the AKC yesterday about a problem for a client.

Yet, my experience has been nothing but fantastic. We have co-owned with
Paula, Twyla, and even Summer's family.  We have never had a problem, and
now we have a dog we co-owned until he finished, Icon.  Nothing could have
been greater than to co-own with the Drapers who worked so hard for the
championship on Icon. They have allowed us to share in that fun, and they did
all the work.

I wonder if we should just give more credit to the co-owner, instead of
trying to find a way to claim glory for ourselves.  I have never found a
co-owner to be a problem, but rather they take on the burden, and do nothing
but
 good things for us and our dogs.

Perhaps I have just been lucky, but I think having a co-owner is the best
way to share the good times, and make more friends.  I think I would rather
co-own a super-star, than to do it on my own.  It just makes it more  fun.

Maybe that is just me, but why not enjoy with others?

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together