[ SHOWGSD-L ] Canine and Abled Is Ringing In 2008 With A Bang!

  • From: Kate Syssoloff <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:02:22 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

From: Canineandabled@xxxxxxx=0D
Date: 1/11/2008 5:28:32 PM=0D
To: Canineandabled@xxxxxxx=0D
Subject: Canine and Abled Is Ringing In 2008 With A Bang!=0D
 =0D
Hello, and Happy New Year!  =0D
 =0D
As you know, 2007 was a very difficult year for my family, and for Canine
and Abled, Inc.  But we're planning for success in 2008!  I plan to make
good use of the lessons I've learned through the adversity that we
encountered over the past year, and apply what I've learned in order to t=
ake
this program to new heights! =0D
 =0D
We've hit the ground running; starting with a complete reorganization of =
our
corporation, and board of directors.   I would like to take this opportun=
ity
to introduce you to our newest board members:  Melanie Selk and Marie
Colasanti.  We are honored to have both women serving on our board, and l=
ook
forward to the benefits that their collective talents will bring to our
program. Melanie and Marie;  welcome, and thank you!  =0D
 =0D
If you are interested in serving on our board, we are currently interview=
ing
folks who are interested in helping support our cause.  Are you passionat=
about dogs/disability rights/ or helping to be a voice for others?  We ma=
have the right opportunity for you!  If you are interested in applying fo=
r a
volunteer position (most positions can be worked from home), send a separ=
ate
email with "volunteer opportunities" in the subject line.   =0D
 =0D
As previously mentioned, I've learned some very important lessons through=
out
the past year.  Those lessons sparked the writer in me, and I've penned s=
ome
new speeches that I can't wait to deliver!  One of those writings, The
Lollipop Lesson   ( http://www.kimberlycarnevale.com/TheLollipopLesson.ht=
ml=20
), marked a major turning point in my life, and has been published by nea=
rly
a dozen magazines since it's publication a few months ago.  =0D
 =0D
In fact, this writing provided me with an opportunity to meet the folks f=
rom
Garden State Woman magazine.  They were so impressed with the Lollipop
Lesson, they invited me to write another article for their publication,
which I did.  "Adversity Has Always Been A Driving Force In My Life" was
published in the latest issue, and because of these writings; I have been
nominated for the Garden State Woman of the Year Award!  I am so
unbelievingly honored and humbled by this nomination and look forward to
meeting all of the other nominees at the banquet on January 18th.  Dawson
will be my date for the banquet, and we will be sure to share our
photographic memories with you on our site as soon as possible.  =0D
 =0D
If you haven't already, please consider joining us on our budding Canine =
and
Abled Email Group!  I'm so happy to be meeting other teams, sharing
experiences and training tips; and enjoying the support of others.  You d=
on
t have to have a service dog or a disability to join; just a kind heart a=
nd
desire to become friends with interesting and supportive people!  We woul=
love to have you on board!  Sign up on the front page of our new and
improved web site.=0D
 =0D
Speaking of the web site...  You'll notice some changes have taken place =
in
the past few weeks, with many more on the way.  I hope you like them! I a=
looking for someone who can help me make the site "Bobby Approved" , so t=
hat
people of all abilities may be able to enjoy all aspects of the site.=20
Though I've learned much about web site design, I haven't the faintest id=
ea
on how to do this, so if you, or someone you know can help us with this o=
n a
volunteer basis, we would be very grateful!  =0D
 =0D
Also, if you notice any spelling, typo, or other mistakes on the site...o=
if the site doesn't load well, is askew, or anything else; please let me
know.  I've recently learned that not all computers load pages the same, =
and
what looks fine on my screen actually is off kilter on another screen. (I=
it's got four legs and fur, I can fix it... anything else, well.... on le=
t's
just say that I'm on a learning curve ;-).  =0D
 =0D
So where do we go from here?=0D
 =0D
Over the past year, we've literally hit rock bottom...and that's GREAT ne=
ws!
 That means that we only have one option...we're heading up; and I'm so
excited about the journey we're about to embark on! =0D
 =0D
I'm currently working on a new musical, theatrical representation of "A d=
ay
in the life with a service dog" to add to the Canine and Abled program.  =
think this addition will truly touch the hearts of audiences, and will he=
lp
to showcase the dogs' abilities in a creative and unique way.  I'm hoping
that I can pull together the skit with the integrity and impact of my
vision! =0D
 =0D
At a year and a half, Canine and Abled's Nadja is just about grown up, an=
she's learned some impressive tasks that she can't wait to share with our
audiences!  Canine and Abled's Gracie is also learning some additional ta=
sks
 and with our situation smoothing out; my goal is to work harder at her
training so that she can be a great ambassador for demonstrating how smal=
dogs can be utilized as service dogs.  Canine and Abled's Dawson is
anxiously awaiting our return to the stage!  He misses performing, and
misses getting pets and affection from his "adoring" fans. ;-)  =0D
 =0D
We're all Itching to get back out there with our new and improved program=
!=20
I'm more committed and more excited than ever to share my lessons with
others in hopes to inspire others to believe in the beauty of their dream=
s;
all the while, opening doors to service dog teams everywhere.   =0D
 =0D
My long-term dream of building a training/provision center remains my foc=
us
for the future.  Just as I vowed to continue this program when my beloved
Dewey passed away, and just as I kept that promise despite the trials in =
my
life; I am just as committed to seeing this dream through fruition!  I WI=
LL
create my dream of providing others with the same freedom my service dogs
have bestowed upon me!  The adversity I've faced over the past few years =
has
been a blessing; it has made me even stronger, and even more determined.=20
Most importantly, I've learned so many things that will be advantageous i=
the pursuit of my dream. =0D
 =0D
We look forward to your continued support, and ask that you pass on the n=
ews
of our mission with others in your address book, and in your lives.  We'r=
proud to say, we're open for business again; and we're better than ever..
because we've remained together...and together, we are Canine and ABLED! =
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
If you would like to be removed from this mailing, please reply to this
email with "Remove" in the subject line.=0D
 =0D
Kimberly Carnevale=0D
Author/Motivational Speaker/Disability Advocate=0D
President, Canine and Abled, Inc.=0D
"Taking The Dis Out Of Disabled"=0D
www.canineandabled.com=0D
www.KimberlyCarnevale.com =0D
canineandabled@xxxxxxx=0D
609-213-7790=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. =0D
=20