[ SHOWGSD-L ] Canine Pet Rescue and GSD QUILT RAFFLE (LAST CHANCE)

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:01:44 -0700 (PDT)

Well it's only 1 day til the  Great  Texas Hold'Em game and the Quilt Raffle
Now as most of you know Georgia is one of the worse kill areas in the Nation,
as is most of the South. We need your help, We now have the 3000 sq ft building
(former Portable Class Room); now we have to renovate it; new kennel runs,
beds, etc. It ain't cheap folks (As those of you who have kennels know).
Behlen Kennels 10X5X6 run $339 each. These are 1 5/8" Tube with 10Gauge Welded
Mesh Panels. We well also have to do major plumbing but electricity and
building are in great shape.

A little about our President and CEO. Judge Carla Brown has operated this
Rescue for the past 3 years, all this time funding it herself, except what she
could beg or borrow from friends, Vets, Last Hope Safe HavenSales Reps, Last
Hope Safe Haven,  etc. Last year she rescued and found homes for 84 dogs,
mostly GSDs. Her and her husband Butch Conway (Sheriff Gwinnett County Ga), own
a horse farm, which is the location of the  rescue, she has a full time asst
who takes care of the horses and dogs (great deal for us). They rescue, house,
retrain and socialize EVERY dog that comes into the facility. Her husband also
runs 2nd Chance at the county jail (rescue dog training program for prisoners)

In these uncertain times, we are seeing more and more owner turn-ins. We
rescued 6 last week. These dogs may be with us for 2-10 weeks depending on
socialization and health. Heart worm is horrible here. These dogs may be
adopted here or as far away as the  New  England states.

Please check out the site in my signature - we accept Pay Pal, Checks, or cash.
We need the help of every GSD owner in the country, whether a member of the  PC
or simply a proud owner of a GSD.

If you are near Atlanta, come play some Cards. guarantee good food and great
fun; who knows, maybe Carla will bring  her SchH III with her. a great
representative of the  breed.

Thanks to all of you who have already bought tickets on the  quilt, thanks
again Pat Evans for the wonderful donation, it is beautiful.  How about a pic
of Bullwinkle on the next one, he,he.

Morgan  Lewis, RPh.
Member GSDCA
Board Member Canine Pet  Rescue