[ SHOWGSD-L ] Canadian National - late brags!

  • From: "Ron Peet & Jenn Somogyi" <foxfels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:04:14 -0400

Between starting a new job and regaining control of the house after being away
for a week, our brags are a little late...
First - as always - we thank the club members for putting on another great
event - Bill and Joanne Randall, John and Christine Gibbons, Lisa Haus - anyone
else we may have forgotten, I'm sorry, but that doesn't make you any less
valuable!

Everyone asks me every year - 'Are you looking forward to the Nationals?' and I
always tell them no.  I know every year what it will involve - driving, usually
rain, cramming everything we own into the van, grooming, bathing, RUNNING, the
inevitable disappointments, disillusionment, and disagreements, being crippled
on Sunday and Monday and this year, going back to work...  However, once we
arrive and walk into the building for the first time, the excitement starts to
build - the sod is fresh, the club is bustling around setting up - and while I
don't look forward to it, I love it once I'm there.  The opportunity to see
people we get to only once a year, the wonderful old dogs, specials in their
prime, babies coming up.  There is nothing to me like a dog posed for the crowd
or gaiting freely on the end of a 12' lead and loving what they are doing.

I have to say that for me it is far more difficult being an owner/breeder than
a handler, especially in GSD.  You have to reach a certain level to be accepted
as a good one and once you have your place, you have to uphold it.  Breeders
are the future of these dogs.  It is their job to maintain the highest
standards in regards to quality, health and temperament.

And so on that note, we are proud to say that for the second time in the last
three years, we have been the breeders/owners of the 1st place 12-18 bitch at
our Canadian national, BPIS Kiefernfels Kultaa Aftica - aka Hemi (Ch. Jewel's
Dark Vader x Hellwigg's Complete Chaos), who was also the Reserve Winners
Bitch!  Enormous thanks to Mrs. Sally Hayden for picking out our girl, there
were a lot of lovely youngsters in the class and ladies in Winners - we had a
blast!  Congrats to Hemi's co-owners Tim and Lauralee Camilleri - Hemi is their
first German Shepherd - and what an introduction!  Thanks to George B. for the
wonderful presentation as always - I think we are just going to book the 12-18
bitch class for the next 10 years - we seem to be lucky there!!  Breeders - Ron
Peet, Jenn Somogyi, Leanne Krieger.

Our second brag - Ms Visa - Sel A/C Ch. Kiefernfels If Life Were Like that
HIC,TT (Sel. Ch. Alfaro's Rambling Man x Sel. Ch. Aramist's Yazmine of Bodega)
- awarded fourth Select by Mr. Bart Bartley - what a thrill!  For many years
(like everyone else) we have known Bart, and admired him as a person and
handler, and when he became a judge, we always planned to show to him, but it
never came together.  So when his name came up on the slate for this national,
we thought 'what better opportunity?' and so the story goes...  Thank you,
thank you - to Leslie D.  It was super to see them together in the big ring.
Leslie has been a believer in this girl forever and we are happy it all worked
out in the end.  Thanks to our 'family' for their constant support - you guys
all know who you are!  Breeders - Ron Peet, Jenn Somogyi. Betty Ashdown, Allan
Frank.

We also want to say congrats to all of our winners, but a couple of people and
achievements stand out to me - Abbey Hathaway, Bill and Joanne Randall, Kim and
Ian McKechnie - how awesome to have the two girls Select 2 and 3??  They were
lovely and although Am. Bred - is nice to see them in Canada.  To Steve and
Nancy - Kylie was lovely - huge congratulations on your Winners Bitch - she was
beautiful a year ago and is spectacular now!

Looking forward to 2011!

Jenn and Ron

~~
Ron Peet and Jenn Somogyi