[ SHOWGSD-L ] Canadain Females Critique and some comments/Lee Brown

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 01:00:35 EDT

Thank you to all the members of the GSDCC for giving me the honor of judging
bitches at their 2006 National Specialty Show.  I appreciate all those hard
working members since putting this type of event is not an easy task. It
requires a lot of hard work by dedicated people for the breed. I appreciate
each and
every one of you that voted for me and gave me this opportunity.  I hope I did
not disappoint you as I tried very hard to do a good job. This was a
wonderful experience and I enjoyed every minute of it. For those that have not
attended a Canadian National you really need to make plans to be there next
year.  I
certainly will be making my plans to be there. Now to my winners

BOF- Futurity Victor
Brownhillâ??s Kysarahâ??s Maricio By Ch Wayside Honky Tonk Man x Sel Ch
Brownhill Kysarahâ??s Worth it.  Breeder: Emily St Hilaire, Frank DeBem.
Owners: Tony Vandendool, Emily St Hilaire, Frank DeBem

A medium size, black and tan masculine male nice head, strong back, good
topline, clean coming and going.  Balanced but not extreme, ground covering
sidegait.  Could use a better croup and tail set.

BIF-Futurity Victrix
Woodsideâ??s CK Obsession. By Ch Kenlynâ??s Calvin Hicliff Kaleef x Ch
Prairiefires Zshota Rozsha. Breeder: Sandy Anderson, Linda Wheeler, Jack
Kilgour.
Owner: Lori Iverson

A correct size bitch, black and tan very feminine, good topline and back,
clean coming and going. She covered a bit more ground and did it without having
to work very hard.

BOM-Maturity Victor
Ch Afticaâ??s Ammunition Kendelaine. By Ch Bilmarâ??s Here Come Trouble X
Kendelaineâ??s Trudy. Breeder: Leanne Kreiger, Ken & Delaine Thompson.
Owner: Leanne Kreiger.

A very handsome correct size male with a beautiful masculine head. Nice dark
eyes, good ear set , good back and topline. He is balanced with a very good
front and rear to match. In sidegait he covers a lot of ground with not to many
steps. He got my attention from the time he walked in the ring. He looks very
much like his sire (Trouble). I gave Trouble his  first and last points
towards his US Championship so is no  wonder this young guy got my attention.

BIM- Maturity Victrix
Marequis Here I am Surigo. By: Kenlynâ??s Aries HiCliff x Ch Marquis
Charmismatic Wildwood. Breeder: Paul Johnson & Doug Oster.
Owner: Susan & Nancy Godek.

Very pretty medium size feminine bitch. Pretty head and  nice ear set. Strong
back and topline. Excellent shoulder and rear to go with it. This bitch looks
great as any speed but moderate and loose lead is best. When she is on a
loose lead and opens up at both ends you can see all four feet off the ground.
Beautiful suspension. She does it so easy and covers so much ground with few
steps.  It was a pleasure to judge this bitch.

Junior Female:
Brownhilâ??s Kysarahâ??s Martini. By: Bodan;â??s Place Your bets Greyp X Sel Ch
Brownhill Kysarahâ??s worth it. Breeder: Emily St Hilaire & Frank DeBem.
Owner: Emily St Hilaire , Frank DeBem.

Small very feminine black and tan with beautiful head, good back, ground
covering sidegait done with ease. Clean coming and going. I predict this little
gal will have a very good career ahead of her. Great show attitude, she loves
every minute of it.

Sr Female:
Joelleâ??s Mona Lisa Keggi Fair. By Ch Joelleâ??s Diamond Davinci X Wyndeans
Hijinx of Asgard. Breeder: T Bartley, J Corbin, Fran Rood.
Owner: T. Fairburn, T Bartley, Nancy Kinley

Medium size black & tan bitch, a little in her leggy stage and may have been
a little out of coat but feminine, good back, clean coming and going. Good
front with nice rear, easy ground covering sidegait.

12/18 Female:
Joelles Goldigger of Jeseffan. By: Ch Joelleâ??s Alvin V Norberge X Chablis
Silhoette Joelle. Breeder: A & C Bartley, T Bartley, J Corbin.
Owner: S Bragg, J Pyle, T. Bogdanich, B. Scofield.

Small to medium size black and tan bitch. Very feminine, balanced with good
strong back. Clean coming and going. She has the tip missing on one ear, no
problem for me. She has a strong desire and great show attitude that makes it a
bit of hard work for her handler to get her slow and loose.  He did manage to
do it and you could see her nice easy sidegait. When going fast and pulling it
gives the impression that she is taking a lot of steps. Her best speed is slow
to moderate on a loose lead and with a good strong back she can be put on a
loose lead.

Canadian Bred Female
Same bitch that went Futurity Victrix.

BBE Bitch- also RWB

Stonewallâ??s Cherry Cordial
By: Stonewallâ??s Cherry Cola TC. Breeder: Lori & Abbey Hathaway.
Owner: Lori & Abbey Hathaway.
Medium very feminine bi colored bitch. Beautiful head with dark brown eyes
giving her a pretty expression. Good strong back, very nice shoulder, good
front
reach  and hindquarter to match. Clean coming and going. Probably a bit out
of coat and not as mature as WB.  This bitch looks good at any speed and her
handler did an excellent job of  presenting her.  I understand that I gave this
bitch a BP specialty win and a BIS in the states so I guess I like her and am
consistent <G>

Open Bitch â?? WB

Jantarâ??s Chyna Lake of Witmer . By Witmer Jamiroquai X Jantarâ??s Miss
Liberty
Bell. Breeder: Jan Crawford.
Owner: B Ashdown, T Bogdanich, D. Calabrese, S. Witmer

Beautiful medium size very dark bitch with a beautiful head, very dark brown
eyes, good ear set, nice neck, good back. This is another one who looks good
at any speed but slow to moderate on a loose lead is best for her also.She
opens up at  both ends, covers a great amount of ground and best of all
EFFORTLESS. This gal could work all day and never get tired. She has a great
show
attitude but a handler, who knew just how to show her so she would look at her
best.
It was a pleasure to judge her and have her have such a great day. I don't
think her owners could ask for a better performance. Her and her handler make
for a GREAT TEAM. I  saw this bitch in North Carolina in March and once around
the ring and it was love at first sight. Inquired immediately if she were for
sale and of course she was not. I fully understood because if she were mine I
would not sell her.
A few comments about my over all judging.  All of the above animals had good
temperament. The BIF bitch gave a bit of a problem for the mouth  exam. She
was fine on the loose lead test. I had the handler walk her around and set her
up again, went into her mouth and again she did not like it. It was obvious she
had an issue with me looking at her teeth. She gave me no indication that she
had a temperament problem. I did the coming and going and sent her around. I
met them half way around the ring, stopped her had the handler drop his lead
and checked her there with no double handlers and she did fine. I was satisfied
that her issue was about her mouth and nothing else and went on to award her
BIF.
In the Canadian Bred Class with very good quality I had a bitch, who was
handled by her owner, that I thought had a lot of very good qualities. She did
lift some but still placed her 4th. If she had traveled closer to the ground
she
would have pushed the others for the top spot in this class. She was a very
easy, effortless moving bitch and her owner did a very nice job of presenting
her.
In the quality filled Open Bitch class I am sure some of the spectator
figured I missed a couple of very nice bitches. There were two very nice ones
in
this class that I did not consider because they showed me some weakness in
temperament on that day. I saw it and was satisfied and saw no need to push
them and
make it a bad experience. They probably just had a bad day and may never do
it again. Had I pushed them so the spectators would know why I did not consider
them for a placing it could have cause them future problems. No need in doing
this once I knew I would not place them on this day since there were so many
nice ones. The handlers knew as they could see it as well as I did.

I would like to Thank all the EXHIBITOR who entered, I appreciate all of you.
Without you there would be no need for shows or judges and I would not have
had this great experience. Thanks for following my instructions and making my
job easier. I hope that you all feel that I treated all of you with respect and
enjoyed having you in my ring.

To all of you Good Luck at American Nationals next month, see you there.

To the GSDCC I want to wish you many more successfully Nationals, you guys
know how to do it right.

Respectfully submitted,

Lee Brown
Judge 2006 Females.