[ SHOWGSD-L ] CRISIS IN SC....dogs left to starve in "shelter"......

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:12:21 -0700 (PDT)

(This came to me via another rescue site...and while we are ALSO faced with the
seizure of many GSDs in a Florida hoarding case, if you are anywhere near the
shelter listed below....PLEASE contact them and offer your help. This situation
is critical...and I do NOT know if there are
any GSDs there, but it is very possible. By assisting them at this time,we can
prevent any FUTURE GSDs who are unfortunate enough to land there from enduring
the same fate. )

friend of mine heard about the shelter up there having no staff, no
food, etc and went up yesterday. She was horrified to find 100+ dogs
starving, with sores, etc. She brought back 7 and will return to save
more hopefully. I have been working all day to get help from our local
HSPCA and the Humane Society in Charlotte. Dogs are dying from lack of food!
They are also being crammed into an antiquated gas chamber to die a horrible
death. Please help get this story into hands that can help.

Thank you so much,
Linda Provence, Volunteer   803-603-9537
Wescott Acres Pet Rescue
Columbia SC

This
shelter is in Chesterfield County near the NC line.  I'm told they have
1 AC officer, drop boxes are not emptied daily, dogs are NOT fed daily.
The pets depend on 3-4 volunteers to care for them and that's it. They
have an antiquated gas chamber that they cram the dogs in to die.
One
of our volunteers, Holly, went to see it for herself yesterday. She was
horrified. She brought back as many dogs as she could.....the ones she
thought would starve to death if she didn't save them. See attached.
She will keep these dogs at her house and they will see her vet today.
Thank you,
Linda
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/SC94.html ; This is the Petfinder site for the
volunteer group trying to help this shelter.
 (Dawn Restuccia)

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to: