[ SHOWGSD-L ] CLARIFY...white on GSDs

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <EJDegen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:40:18 -0700

Since I am the one that originally said that you CAN get the "PANDA"  markings
a lot easier
than some know......... I guess I should clarify my statement as  I mentioned
that there are
CURRENT SHOW LINES today where you can begin to get these markings right now if
you
are not careful......and I mentioned white toes,  THEN feet,  THEN legs and
white tips on the
tail and THEN white blazes on the face.
NO WAY in ANY way did I say that white toes on the feet were unacceptable!!!
MANY
puppies are born with white toes...usually they change and go away most of the
time when
the color changes with the adult coat.    These are not a  problem....but at
the same time....
pay attention when you begin to get white feet as the next step IS white legs
......and MORE.

I have been communicating with a few people privately that have told me about
pups they
have had RECENTLY with WHITE LEGS,  WHITE blazes on the face and white CHESTS,
( not patches ) .......one a solid black dog.    You get enough......you DO
have a "piebald.".......<G>

My point originally is that the "PANDA GSD"  as promoted......is not unique and
rare, and is
not a mutation .............but just careless breeding and not paying attention
to warning signs.

That being said.......I agree 100%  with Julie.   We need to PAY ATTENTION to
ALL
warning signs in our lines......and just a few are listed in her
post.......just include white
FEET and LEGS and FACES  in some of the warnings.   <G>

Unless of course you love the "PANDA"  markings. <G>

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com