[ SHOWGSD-L ] CHIGGERS !!!

  • From: Iza Kabuska <izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:20:31 -0400

We are moving to a brand new home on 4 wooded acres.  The house is all finished
and our actual move is scheduled for next Tuesday.  So, needless to say, I am
feeling a little stressed-out
About a week ago, I took a walk into the back where the builder had seeded up
to a point, and then just the natural briar and weeds.  A few (very few,
actually) hours later, I started itching like mad - it intensified to the point
where I got very little sleep that night.  The next day I went to a
dermatologist who diagnosed "hives" - due to part, "nerves"  The next day or
so, my landscaper AND his employee AND his dog started scratching.  My
landscaper, too, went to the Dr.'s and laughed that he caught hives from me -
then he found out that his employee was scratching, and then his dog was
scratching.  He took his dog to the vet and told him the whole story and the
vet said "chiggers".  My dermatologist still claims I have "hives"   My
landscaper is due to spray my entire whole new yard tomorrow.    Thank god I
never brought any dogs over.

Sorry for this being so long, but does anyone have any other ideas or
suggestions ???   Thanks very much for any help you great knowledgeable listers
can give me.

Iza Kabuska
http://www.karizmashepherds.com