[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: CHIC requirements

  • From: Ginialtman@xxxxxxx
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 21:31:59 EDT

Your first questions listed below are best posed to the Temperament
Committee Chair, Jim York.

The link that you provided below specifies that a club needs to contact Jim
 York, who will in turn contact a tester for a club.

I do remember Bob Penny talking to me about Temperament Testing. He felt
very strongly about our Dogs getting certified at our GSDCA Test. Bob knew
more  about this than anyone and I would still honor Bob's  opinion. It is  to
Bob's credit that we have made such great strides in improving the
temperament of the GSD.

As for CHIC, when the GSDCA submitted the request to be recognized as a
CHIC breed, the Board approved the criteria which was the criteria previously
defined for the Health Certificate of Merit program and then also
included the dog having passed the Temperament Test because that  option was
offered. We then established the data collection and reporting  procedures to
provide that information to CHIC in a manner that could  be incorporated into
their database.

Hope this helps

Ginny Altman

In a message dated 4/23/2009 7:54:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
So the CHIC requires the TC. Now the next question is do other  breed club
hold TC tests? If so which ones. Do the certify their own  testers? OR do
they have to be certified by the GSDCA?

Here is a link to the GSDCA info on Temperament Testing
_http://gsdca.org/base/temperament_test.php_
(http://gsdca.org/base/temperament_test.php)

The only thing it really needs is a list of testers and how to  contact
them. It was suppose to be done in 07. Maybe I am crazy but how  is a local
club suppose to put together a TC test when they have no one  to call. Those
testers are the best kept secret in the GSDCA Club.
Terry

**************Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219799634x1201361008/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B214133440%3B36002254%3Bj)