[ SHOWGSD-L ] CH. SIRIUS PARK'S POETRY ALADDIN

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx(showgsd-l)>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:06:54 -0600

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

It is with great sadness that we share with our GSD  family of the loss of
our belovedCh. Poetry. Poetry is the dam of GVX Godiva, Sel. Brick House
and Sel. GQ..We acquired Poetry at the age of 5 and she was bred only twice
at Hickoryhill, yet in those two breeding she certainly made and impact on
the breed. Ironic how things happen, Poetry came to us by virtue of the
fact that someone had decided to reduce their number of dogs, and I guess
she didn't quite fit into the scheme of things. The owner offered her back
to Ed and Lee Parkhurst, and they in turn, knowing we were looking for a
bitch to breed to GV Bull, they were kind enough to ask us if we might be
interested. We will be forever grateful to Ed and Lee for allowing us the
opportunity to share Poetry. From the time she stepped  off of the
plane..she was 100% sound in temperament, structure and was always very
"lady" like and poised. In our eyes she is one of the best producing
bitches that will never achieve her ROM! Poetry would have been 13 this
July. Although Steve and I struggled with this for weeks, the time had come
to let her go and keep her dignity. We brought her home to rest next to
Bull.             Steve and Christine