[ SHOWGSD-L ] CA, Santa Barbara<>A way you can assist our four legged friends- SBCACF Animal Disaster Relief Fund

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 14:24:39 -0700

Permission to crosspost

Subject: A way you can assist our four legged friends- SBCACF Animal
Disaster Relief Fund

During times of disaster, many people watch in horror as they witness
the culmination of another's life lost or changed forever in just a
few short moments.  Our heart swells and our mind focuses on the loss,
as we find ourselves glued to the radio, TV, or internet to monitor
what is taking place.  Santa Barbara County's common response is one
of community spirit and assistance to those who have been affected
most by the disaster.

The Santa Barbara County Animal Care Foundation started a Disaster
Fund after the Tea Fire, to assist our four legged friends who were
injured in the fire.  Through community partnership, we were able to
pay out $4,900.00 in veterinary expenses for local pets burned and/or
injured in the fire.  If you are looking for a way to help, and would
like to donate to a local, countywide animal organization with a
disaster fund that is supportive of all companion animals, visit our
website at www.sbaanimalcare.org and make a donation to the SB CACF.
If you would like your donation to be restricted for disaster victims
only, please designate this on your donation and refer to the our
"Animal Disaster Relief Fund".

Our heart goes out to all of our fellow two and four-legged citizens
who are suffering, in some way, because of the Jesusita Fire.  You are
in our thoughts.

Gratefully,

Linda Greco

President

Santa Barbara County Animal Care Foundation, Inc.

www.sbcanimalcare.org

Together We Can Save Lives