[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breedings w/ Frozen Semen

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:31:18 -0800

Using the frozen semen you have PLENTY of documention!
The Semen had to be tested and capable of standing up to the process of
freezing and will require forms and approval for release from the owner of the
semen and forms from the Organization that stores it.   I has to be tested and
approved after being warmed up by the Vet who recieves it to use for the
insemination and evaluated and documented.   So documentation from
whichever Organization you have the frozen semen stored at....and then
documentation from the Vet recieving the frozen semen for the implant or
transcervical implant.  AKC has the forms and that definitely satisfies them.
<G>
It's not an issue......   All that paperwork is sent in to AKC at time of
registering the litter ........same as with chilled semen.
If it were limited to the age of the dog......what would be the point of
storing frozen semen?
By the way......this is not something you want to do for an A.I.....

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

Lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx> >