[ SHOWGSD-L ] Breeding dogs at the Nationals....

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 16:18:58 -0700 (PDT)

I might have a bitch in season at this years National.   I know that breeding
does occur at the Nationals.  What is the etiquette for this?   Without knowing
for sure who will be there, how does the bitch owner go about identifying some
potential stud dogs.  Do you contact owners before you go?  Are there some stud
dog owners that absolutely will not breed their dogs at the Nationals.    I
know I would need to have the BC/VC done on my bitch.  Is there anything else?
What if I see an outstanding animal that I hadn't even considered before?
Would it be reasonable to assume I could use that dog.  Is it in poor taste to
key on on one stud dog then change my mind when I get there and see something
else I like better?

  All opinions would be appreciated, as I assume everyone has thoughts about
this.

  Thanks

Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com