[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeder tries to do the right thing

  • From: yukon97@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:30:29 +0000 (GMT)

The North Shore Animal League is in Port Washington, Long Island.  If you check
it out on www.charitynavigator.com, you will see how poorly it is rated as a
charity.  The president of the organization makes over $300,000.00 per year.
Puppies and kittens are found around the country and brought here to Long
Island to be adopted out.  Local rescues aren't happy about that, and rightly
so.  We have enough strays and rescues right here without importing any!
I know a few people who have "adopted"  (there is a fee) from NSAL, and except
for one, all had problems with the animals.
Gail Martino
Long Island, NY