[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brags for Spotties

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:20:04 -0600

I try to refrain from bragging about the Spotties, but I can't help this one.

About three weeks ago my mom broke her ankle and I was called into service to
show her Best In Show, National Specialty winning dog, Argus.

I am also starting a new Argus daughter - many of you recall my last years
project, Pauli, whow finished with three specialty majors and two Best In
Sweeps (5 majors total).

Well, after our practice runs in Chicago last weekend (Penny was Best In Sweeps
and Reserve at the Specialty and picked up her first points the day before),
Argus, Penny, mom and I headed for St. Louis.

At the first Specialty, Penny won her regular class of 6 (no Sweeps at the
first Specialty) and Argus got an Award of Merit under a judge who has not used
him before. At the second specialty, Penny was Best Jr. Puppy in Sweeps and
then was WB/BOW/BOS over 10 bitch specials (including 3 Top 10 bitches - for a
BIG 5 point major) and I showed Argus and went breed with him. Pretty exciting.
Argus' co-owner Mark, took Penny back in for BOW/BOS which made it even more
fun.

Saturday, Penny was not in (saving her for specialties), but her father was
breed in a HUGE breed entry. Unfortunately, as is sometimes typical of
specialing, it was not our "turn" to do something under the group (the judge
had already given Argus a Group I before and not used the Skip that won the
group). We left Belleville and drove up to Milwaukee where Argus was breed and
a Group III in a very tough group.

All in all, a great weekend! Next.... The National, though mom tells me she
WILL be sound enough to show her dog there.

BTW: Argus is two CH away from his ROM in only 5 litters and all of his
champions have at least 1 specialty win..

Thanks for letting me brag just a little :-)

Jessica MacMillan
No Frills Dog Bathing Service & Design
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/