[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brag -- Clementine of Oh-My is now An American Champion

  • From: myra shear <shearmy1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 10:24:28 -0700 (PDT)

It was a peach of a weekend in Georgia as BIF/BOM Clementine of Oh-My
(Sel. Ch. Lindenhill's Vinnie the Viper x Sel. Ch. Cherry Crush of
Oh-My) finished her American championship in style with back-to-back 4
point majors.  She did so by going WB, BOW and BOB over specials under
Rita Sandell at Augusta GSDC, and then she did it again the next day
under Mary Ann Imhoff at the GSDC of Atlanta.  Thanks to Rita and Mary
Ann for awarding Clem these wins.I also wish to acknowledge the
members of the Augusta and Atlanta clubs for their warm hospitality,
good sportsmanship, true kindness and mighty fine ringside support of my girl,
making this Midwestern Yankee feel like a virtual Southern belle. Special shout
out to Linda Bankhead for opening her beautiful home to
everyone in attendance, putting out a bountiful spread of food and
drink.  This was my first trip to Atlanta, and I enjoyed it immensely
y'all!

Finally, my heartfelt appreciation to Christy Heiman
who, with the help of her husband Clint, put all 15 points on Clementine in 4
consecutive shows over 2 weekends in one whirlwind September, all
specialty majors.  Back in August, Christy confidently told me she would have
Clem finished in just 4 shows.  Ambitious perhaps, but true to her word, she
delivered and did so in short order.  In addition to Rita
Sandell and Mary Ann Imhoff, Clem's other US points came from Sally
Hayden and Jamie Walker.  Her maturity win was under Dan Dwier, and her
futurity win was under Mary Ann Imhoff, both times handled by Kent
Boyles.  Thank you one and all for making this such a memorable campaign and
sentimental journey.