[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board members stand up and take a bow

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 22:44:26 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/2005 12:49:02 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx writes:
how  about some "LIMITATIONS" on the Board??

I usually agree with Kathy, and do understand this post. But, do we want
people on the board who are not involved in the sport?

This group of people give up so much of their life and a great deal of  money
to serve us on our board. In return they get blamed for everything that  goes
wrong, get told they are the reason the entry at the shows in lowering,  that
the membership is small, and that the breed is having all sorts of  problems,
due to what the board has failed to do to educate the fancy.

In fact these are the people who willing give up three weekends a year to
work 12 hours for us. They listen to each other, and all of us, and do the best

they can to do the right thing.

We may disagree with what the board does, but we should not forget that  they
do this for free, and in an effort to do the best thing for us that they
can.  For that they should get our respect and admiration, not  limitations.

If any board member can do all the work they do, give the time and efforts
they do, and continue to dedicate themselves for our benefit, they should have
the same rights as the rest of us, and that includes throwing obscene amounts
of  money at a handler to show at a national.  I like my board members who
will  be understanding the problems the rest of us face.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together