[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board

  • From: WALFLWR2@xxxxxxx
  • To: mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:33:56 EDT

For the record, I was the one who made the motion to rescind the  limitation
on selects.  I also voted enthusiastically for the Colorado site  and well as
the condemnation of the PAWS bill and I am NOT running for  anything!  Shame
on the people who are negative about every single thing  and who's glass is
constantly half empty instead of half full.  They do the  Breed and the PC Club
disservice.

Lanalee

In a message dated 7/31/2005 1:06:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Good grief - that's not it at all !!!  I guess if you are  into conspiracy
theories and paranoia, that would fit, BUT it is completely  wrong.

The Selects issue was raised in JANUARY, at the end of an  extremely long
meeting.  BECAUSE of the importance of the issue, the  Board did not want to
give
it short shrift, so the decision was made to  postpone it to April.  It did
come up in April.  Unfinished Business  comes at the end of the Agenda.  A
lengthy and constructive discussion  was held but the feeling was that it would
be
better not to vote at that  point, since a number of Board members had to
start their trips home, most of  the guests who were present on Saturday had
left, and so it was the desire of  the Board that no one be disenfranchised and
that more input from the Club's  members was desired.  So, in order to keep the
issue alive and viable in  accordance with Roberts' Rules, a substitute motion
was made, then postponed  to the July meeting.  In the interim, lots of great
input was sought and  obtained, much of it by means of this List, and by
great input which I and the  other Board members received.  As a res
ult, at this meeting, the  Motion was amended to remove the limits, giving
the judge free rein, and  rolling the tape back to what it had been before the
limit was instituted 2  years ago.

The National Site issue could not be resolved until all the  sites were
visited, and the Ft. Collins site was just visited with this  meeting.

The PAWS issue was addressed at the first Board meeting after  PAWS surfaced,
where we also had the benefit of having Carmen Battaglia  present.

The Board members work very hard to do what they believe the  membership
wants them to do, as Stormy observed.

Margy  Golant