[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Blue question

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <kimbergsd@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:04:24 -0500

AND EVERYTHING   --  ELSE -- No need to experiment at this stage in our
breeding game!
IF you think about it, this is true of all critters;  humans as well.
Several of my relatives had RED
HAIR, one of my sons had 2 offspring with red hair, but his wife had several
relatives with it. My
other son, on the other hand did not as his wife had no red haired
relatives.  Just an example!
The one inherited thingy I discovered when breeding my GSDs was the down
pastern mess!
I never had it until I bred one of my bitches to someone else's male.  She
was already proven
and had a proper litter with my male.  Indeed, I'd only done the breeding to
get the male proven
as the owner wanted to lease another of my bitches to breed to him, she was
also unproven. We
had down pasterns in both litters!  However, bred to other males, no down
pasterns were seen.
Of course, those breedings were the only ones I did with those 2 bitches
when I experienced the
horror of that mess; knowing I could avoid it.   I'd rather know something
is genetic so I CAN
avoid it than have something pop up as an unknown beforehand.  Hope this
helps.     Norma no L