[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bloodlines + Frozen Semen

  • From: diane holliday <dlholliday@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 15:35:25 -0700

IMO, Judy Teidel (Proven Hills) is one of the most knowledgeable
people in our breed concerning using frozen semen successfully. She
was probably among the first to try it with her Sel. Ch. Proven
Hill's Up N Adam ROM. (He was the sire of 3X Select CH. Altana's
Mystique.)

http://gsdca.org/GSDReviewed/pdogs/ProvenHillUpNAdam.html

Adam died at age 11 in 1992. However, if all goes as hoped, Adam is
soon to be the sire of a litter of 11 puppies from a breeding with a
Ch. Caraland-Survival's Magellan daughter.

The frozen collection is eighteen years old. There is nothing in the
AKC rules concerning an expiration date on using frozen semen.

Warmly,
Diane Holliday
Scottsdale, AZ