[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bloat (was Toxic Gut)

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Ginialtman@xxxxxxx>, <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:40:58 -0600

I have studied  & raised and trained so many different animals all my life
and I hope my experience
and knowledge will help with ailments on behalf of our GSDs at least.  I'll
be glad to share what I
have seen with anyone about any "bloodline"  "feeding"
"work/exercising/training" with very little
serious ailments in the 40 years I was involved.   I wasn't sure if the
"toxic gut" was the same as
"bloat" when this thread started, but if it is the same, we also have one
called "colic" in horses that
is quite similar and what is needed for them is interesting as well, with
somewhat of a parallel (sp.)!
I also have delved into the HD and other problems thru the years with the
understanding that it is
very true -- all 3 --- genetics/feed/environment --- must be considered in
all cases of some of the
ailments our "kids" have.     Norma no L