[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bloat and Torsion......again...

  • From: Carolyn Putnam <kleinkauf2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:41:20 -0800

Age doesn't always have anything to do with it. Horses will "get cast"
in their stalls or in a small paddock and in the fight to get out of the
situation, they will torsion. Digestion of their food doesn't always
have much to do with it, or stress as it can happen to a horse that is
pasturized all the time. No one has traced a genectic proficiency for it
that I know - much less through the different breeds of horses.
Carolyn Putnam