[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bling Bling

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:58:10 EST

I had a dream:
    Those of you that show horses western know the  drill...but the drill has
gotten so glittery lately even I cannot believe what I  see. Aside from the
incredibly ridiculous sight of reins being litterally  "thrown away", it is the
reins themselves that are incredible! Sterling two feet  up the reins! It
used to be just the bridle and bit were being almost totally  covered by
sterling,...now the stirrups are silver covered, almost every part of  the
saddle that
can be seen (and won't chafe) is silver. The workmanlike shorter  tail and
mane are gone in favor of silly flowing Arabian manes, and tails that  drag the
ground. The Female riders are decked out in sparkley sequined outfits  that
are bling bling! (started to say blinding, but the keyboard took over!)  Around
30 years ago I used to wonder what would happen if a very top winning  horse
was ridden into the ring with NO SILVER ANYWHERE!  What if the rider  wore
workman like clothes? Horsewomen out there, do you think this beautiful  horse
in
his polished leather saddle and gleaming leather bridle would be  considered?
I ask the same question of us...would our top winning dog be noticed  if he
were handled by a competant unknown? (even one with  silver?)  Are the handlers
the bling bling? Trying to keep busy,  Syd

SYD  MAILBERG 425-432-4144
23910 SE 276TH ST
MAPLE VALLEY, WA  98038
Updated Website Fabio/Viggo