[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bitch in whelp

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, angelrungsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:52:54 -0800 (PST)

The standing rule around here is as soon as you load her into the car and head
to the vet's she has a puppy about 1/2 mile from the house. Just enough time to
get your car really messy. the record is 3 pups in 3 miles. Once she got going
she was a machine gun. :0)
Terry
PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 1/26/2005 1:48:31 PM Central Standard Time,
angelrungsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> Thought that was the
> temp. drop, tho today, temp. was 98.0. She's been
> extremely restless, nesting, but no contractions so
> far. How long should we wait to check for uterine
> inertia?

My vet always tells me 24 hrs. from when the temp drops...sounds like you may
be up all night whelping puppies. If your worried take her in just for a
check up with the vet. I've done that before. Absolutely hate the waiting
drives me crazy.

Patty Szymczak

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original