[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bitch in heat Normal? THANKS EVERYONE

  • From: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 23:13:33 EDT

Thanks to everyone who emailed. For those of you who mentioned a split heat
you were right. I got my vet out of bed early this morning and into the office
on his day off (he loves us LOL) and he checked her out and did some smears
and then came in and announced she would probably be in standing heat in the
next day or so. LOL I was quite embarrassed. I am much for up on male dogs but
learning fast <<grin>>> I guess it is normal in adolescent dogs to have a split
cycle. Since I had no intention of breeding her I didn't really pay close
attention just moved her out to the training center for a few days and when
River
stopped wanting through the window when she was out in the exercise area I let
the together and all was fine so back in the house she came. When the go out
from in here they have a patio rather than straight on cedar mulch so when I
saw the blood and the color that looked nothing like last time...  My vet said
that blood may have pooled a little inside and  that would account for a
darker color with a bit of clotting look to it. A lesson learned :0) Of course
River wishes I hadn't found out! I am sure he was waiting eagerly LOL He isn't
too
happy I moved her back out to the training center!

Karen Shirk, Executive Director
4 Paws for Ability, Inc. including 4 Paws GSD Rescue
a 501C3 organization Taking the "dis" out of disAbility
253 Dayton Ave, Xenia, Ohio 45385
937-374-0385 Office 937-602-9448 Cell karen4paws@xxxxxxx
www.4pawsforablity.org