[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Because it's Saturday

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:29:08 EST

Not all.  Take the (Bucks County PA) Bensalem PA Women's Humane
Center...LOVELY FACILITY!  You would never know walking in the it is a
"shelter"; it
looks like a high school on the outside. Low cost state of the art  vet center,
clean, clean, clean facilities, outside FENCED rally &  agility courses where
lessons are offered at low or no cost to the community,  indoor center that I'd
LOVE to have for classes, or heck you could fit a  specialty in there w/
parking galore...well lit, fully matted, HUGE!, children  and after school
programs, conference rooms.  In addition, if they can get  their hands on a dog
and
there is something between the dog's ears it is NO  KILL.

Then we have in Berks County the Animal Rescue league.  VERY  NICE.  Our Berk
s County SPCA also has a low cost or no cost clinic AND they  have the
equivalent of meals on wheels for peoples' pets.  They noticed  about a year a
go an
awful lot of families/seniors having trouble and   rather than have them give
up their pets they started a stream of volunteers to  deliver food for those
that couldn't come and get it.  For those that CAN  come, they have scheduled
times & give-aways.

There are good guys.  Lumping all shelters together is like lumping  all
breeders together.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 2/21/2009 1:10:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:

Animal  wellness and health??? just before the kill them?

steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)