[ SHOWGSD-L ] Be Real Careful with numbers

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:14:43 -0800 (PST)

Lies, Damn Lies and statistics........numbers can be (and often are) shown to
represent things in certain ways to advance ones own personal point of
view...example:...we all hear how dangerous it is to drive during certain
holiday weekends because of the increase of injuries and fatalities due to
drunk driving...well statistically...it is SAFER to drive during these
so-called dangerous weekends....how so?...well the total numbers of drivers are
so high during these weekends that the number of deaths and injuries do not
raise to the same percentage....so it is actually safer...but I'm way off point
(what a surprise)...you can say what you want about where club members live and
how many from each state show or what ever other number you want to show...the
key is LOCATION and can folks get there with out too many
complications....Saturday night, If you drink, don't drive!...on second thought
make that count for any night...I'm thinking about going to the Raider Game on
New Year'
 Eve......but then again I'm not in my right mind, never have
been..lol........FB