[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bashful in RI found his miracle!!!! Sheba waiting for hers in Mass.

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 03:50:21 -0700 (PDT)

I received an email late last night that Bashful has found his forever home!
Someone actually saw through all of his issues and wanted to offer this boy a
lifetime of love!
We are SO happy for him.....dogs with movement issues such as Bashful displayed
are not easy to place. People fear its "that thing with their hips" and its
hard to help them understand otherwise.
Shebas dad became mentally and physically unable to care for her, and so
surrendered her to the local animal shelter in Mansfield Mass. Sheba had lived
her whole life with this person and now at the tender age of 11, found herself
in a shelter setting....the workers said that they had never heard such a
plaintive cry from a dog when Sheba's master walked away. Two days later, he
returned, stating that he could not live without his beloved dog...only to
again...surrender her 48 hours later.
A foster home was found for Sheba, but these were not GSD people and did not
realize that you cant just open a door and let the dog out to run...no matter
how many acres you have ...when none if it is fenced. Sheba got into a spat
with another dog and so the foster family decided she had to go...so....BACK to
the shelter she went.
If you can offer this dog a place in the sun to live out the rest of her life,
LHSH will
cover her expenses. Sheba does not care for other dogs; probably had never been
around them so she would need a yard of her own. This dog deserves better than
what has been dealt her.
I can be reached by phone at 617 538 4393 regarding her....we want to move her
out of there quickly as she is becoming depressed. Its a long ride to the
Sanctuary in SC and I feel at her age, the drastic change in temperature would
not be good for her.
Dawn Restuccia

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven