[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bark for the Cure

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 14:38:04 -0400

ADMIN:? I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this.? I think it is
important for the future of our Breed even if this is an AB issue.?
I mentioned this event a couple weeks ago.? This was an event sponsored by
Freshpet with all the proceeds going to fight canine cancer.? The event was
yesterday, at Griffith park.? Here is an update.

While the numbers aren't in yet, the event itself was a huge success.? There
were almost 300 run/walk folks as well as private donations.? Candy Spelling
(Aaron Spelling's wife/Tori Spelling's mom) was the spokesperson.? What a ditz,
LOL!? Carmen Electra (men, you must know her) made an appearance and was very
friendly and spent lots of time with the performance dog people and their
dogs.? She really is a tiny woman.? And, very shy and sweet.? Never woulda
thunk that!? The paparazzi was a pain but respected our space.??

I was the West Coast entertainment organizer.? I HATE cameras and public
speaking, which the sponsor wanted me to do at the last minute.? Yikes!? I
found some Hams that wanted the attention and turned that part over to them.?
Our part went well and we all had a great time.??

My point in posting is that the need is still there.? Canine cancer has
probably effected each and every one of us in this Breed.? I know that?everyone
is strapped for cash right now, especially with the Nationals coming up.? But,
if everyone on this List could donate $10-15, it would make a huge difference
in helping to find a cure or maybe even a?cause.??

I apologize for this shameless plea, but I really feel that any medical
condition that we can control or eliminate in our Breed is worth our attention
and a few dollars.

Please go to www.freshpet.com? Click on the Make a difference link and donate
what you can.?

Thank you for reading this.