[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Bark Collars or crate training

  • From: "DIR" <Dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 20:20:15 -0600

-Gee Sheila there are so many things we agree about but we are so far apart
on this I cannot believe it.  Since I no longer have my kennel (small but
nice) if I bring a puppy to the house,even if it is to hold for someone or
to take to a show they are ALWAYS beside me in a crate in the bedroom.  I do
have 2 kennel runs at my current house but would NEVER  think of kenneling a
young animal there until they were used to my living style.
I would never try to startle a new animal but just give comforting messages
and let them know I was there if they had to go out etc..  In the morning
when the animal is let out of the crate to go out to "pottie" it is
praised--"hi how are you this morning--let's go pee".  Out to pee and then
put in the regular kennel run to eat and with chews, a radio etc..
Did I misinterperate your message?  Sandi Card